Subject: Mysterious "Filesystem full" on 3.99.13
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Martijn van Buul <pino@dohd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/22/2005 08:49:18
Hello.

Last night, my laptop suddenly started yelling "Filesystem full on /usr",
out of nowhere. I had been doing a massive rebuild, so my first assumption
was that something had gone beserk, as I usually have around 12GB free.

However, I was unable to find the culprit. 'df' claimed that the disk was
105% full, all emergency blocks used, but 'du' could only account for about
4G (It's a 16GB filesystem). So I rebooted to single-user mode, did an
fsck -f, which didn't find anything, and presto: /usr is at 23% capacity
once again.

Any idea what might've gone wrong?

--
    Martijn van Buul - pino@dohd.org - http://www.stack.nl/~martijnb/
	 Geek code: G--  - Visit OuterSpace: mud.stack.nl 3333