Subject: Re: nfsd on i386 current hangs in vnlock
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/15/2005 12:29:15
Hi,

Is there some way to see which lock nfsd wishes and then see who hold it?
Or do I misunderstand the level that locks are held on?

I played some more last night after I came home, and, once again,
all nfsd processes were in vnlock again.  From the log messages it seemed
that everything had been frozen for over 2 hrs.

The only other thing running was a make in the pkgsrc/misc/openoffice.
This was on a different disk, under a different user, then all of the nfs
traffic.  I killed the make of openoffice and nothing seemed to unfreeze.
I rebooted and did not start the build of openoffice and everything seemed
fine this morning after about 9 hrs or so.

Thanks!

cheers

bruce

--