Subject: NetBSD on software emulators page
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org, current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Mike M. Volokhov <mishka@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/09/2005 17:29:07
Greetings!

It's well known that NetBSD supports a really wide range of various
hardware. Usual PCs and Macs, PDAs and hi-end servers, are well
performed under NetBSD control. I'm pretty sure lot of us use even
exotic [nowadays] platforms, such as old VAXens. For supported
platforms you may refer to:

	http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/

But there are another people, who running (or tried to ran) NetBSD on
prep, sgimips, i386, sun[23], ia64 (yes, ia64), and many other
platforms without accessing mentioned hardware. They use software
emulators for such purposes. So to summarize experience of running
NetBSD on emulated hardware the following page was created:

	http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/emulators.html

At this moment it fairly incomplete and information given may be not so
accurate as desired, and this is reason why I ask you for help.

If you have any ideas, comments, or additions you are warmly welcome!

--
Looking forward for your replies,
Mishka.