Subject: NFS problem.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Johnny Billquist <johnny.billquist@softjar.se>
List: current-users
Date: 12/06/2005 11:27:50
Does anyone have any good suggestions for debugging an nfs error I
observe at the moment.

The machine:
NetBSD Gnat.BQTnet.SE 3.99.13 NetBSD 3.99.13 (Gnat) #0: Tue Dec  6
04:58:58 UTC 2005
root@Gnat.BQTnet.SE:/usr/obj/sys/arch/vax/compile/Gnat vax

So, this is a VAX, with a current system from yesterday.
When writing over NFS, the processes hang after a while.
In the current case, it's an ftp process that was downloading to a
directory mounted over nfs from another NetBSD machine.

The ftp process is stuck in "nfsaio". Several nfsio threads are stuck in
"nfsrcvlk".
One nfsio thread is in "netio".

Seems as if something have gone wrong and locks are held in the nfs
code, but I have just glanced a little at this. If someone has some
better knowledge of the innards, I'd be happy for some help with this.

	Johnny