Subject: Re: current sgimips build failing
To: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
From: Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakllsch@kollasch.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/04/2005 23:35:09
--ZfOjI3PrQbgiZnxM

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 02:31:48PM +1100, Simon Burge wrote:
> This looks like a ramdisk has filled up.  Can you try bumping the size
> in the IMAGESIZE=3D line to "4m" in distrib/sgimips/instkernel/Makefile
> (and you may need to in distrib/sgimips/ramdisk/Makefile as well) and
> see if that works?  You'll also need to change the ramdisk size in
> sys/arch/sgimips/conf/INSTALL32_IP2x to 8192 to match (that one's in
> 512-byte blocks so you can't use the "4m"-style shorthand).
>=20
> I don't know if SGIs have constraints on the size of the kernels they
> can boot, but we should at least let it build first.

Increasing available space did indeed allow a successful build. I
don't have a sgimips myself, so I can't test if the resulting binary
is bootable.  I did this build mostly to prove to someone else (who
does have a SGI) that they weren't doing anything wrong with their
build.  Sorry I can't provide more constructive feedback.  Thanks.

	Jonathan Kollasch

--ZfOjI3PrQbgiZnxM

--ZfOjI3PrQbgiZnxM--