Subject: Re: USB 2.0 cardbus recommendations?
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/24/2005 00:21:15
2005/11/23, Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>:
> I'd like to buy a cardbus USB 2.0 adapter for use with NetBSD/i386 and
> a SanDisk ImageMate multiformat card reader and a Universal Software
> Radio Peripheral (USRP).  The USRP is for use with GNU radio, and I
> hope to implement ehci(4) changes to enable higher speeds.

I use this on -current:

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=3D98193

(the firewire occasionally causes some trouble; I avoid burning DVDs
bigged than about 2GB on this, but the ehci seems OK; haven't tried it
for a some time, though, so this pertains to -current from about two
months ago.)

Apparently uses Ali chipset:
----from the site---
...The manual describes it as an ALi chipset, the only USB2/1394
chipset that ALi make is the M5271....