Subject: Re: Recording silence is definitely not golden
To: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@fnop.net>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 11/23/2005 08:41:44
On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 18:33:05 +0000
Rui Paulo <rpaulo@fnop.net> wrote:
> On 2005.11.22 12:15:55 -0500, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> | It seems that NetBSD does not do audio recording.  There are all sorts
> | of tools to do so but when I use them all I record is silence.  I found
> | a few messages in the archives from people with the same problem but no
> | answers.
>
> I cannot do full-duplex. That's the only problem I have.

But you can do something.  From the responses it appears that my
problem may simply be a crappy on-board sound controller.  I am going
to get a SoundBlaster card and try again.  Anyone have any advice on
that?  I would like to keep it in the under $100 (Canadian) range if I
can.  Quality doesn't have to be ultra great.  Mostly I am just
recording my band's rehearsals for our own study.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
http://www.NetBSD.org/