Subject: bge on big endian anyone?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/22/2005 11:33:14
I'm trying to get bge working on a big-endian host (MIPS core).  I am
not having luck.  Changing the core to little endian makes it work
fine.  Is anyone else out there using it with -current on a big endian
(or even better yet, big-endian MIPS) host?

Interestingly enough, ath and wi both work fine in the same slots in
both big and little endian modes.

This is a 3.3V slot, and I don't have any other 3.3V PCI cards to test
with right now, which is why this is frustrating.  (I'm trying to prove
that my PCI code works.)

I have been suspecting a problem with my code, but maybe the problem is
in the bge driver?  Any help/advice is appreciated.

The symptoms look like packets are never getting thru, as I can
configure the interface just fine (and it reports correct PHY, MAC
address, etc.)  I've been suspicious of the DMA code, but ath works fine
(so I think DMA works, though ath might be explicity checking endianness
and correcting for it.)

--
Garrett D'Amore                          http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/
Sr. Staff Engineer          Extending the Power of 64-bit UNIX Computing