Subject: Looking for A/D & digital I/O interface for NetBSD system
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: current-users
Date: 11/07/2005 13:08:08
Howdy all,

I'm looking for a relatively inexpensive box/card/USB dongle/serial
port thing that has a few digital output lines and at least one A/D
converter.  I need at least three digital outputs and only one analog
input.  I know I could build such a thing using any number of
microcontrollers, but I would rather buy something at this stage.  My
idea was to hang this off of a Soekis box (running NetBSD of couse)
which restricts things to USB or serial, but if there was something
that was relatively cheap available in an ISA or PCI form I'd be
willing to reconsider (I know the Soekris has digital I/O pins
available, but I didn't see one that had any form of A/D on them).  I'm
okay with writing a device driver for said device if that's what it
takes, as long as some form of documentation is available.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.  Thanks!

--Ken