Subject: Re: Atheros WG111T USB 802.11g
To: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/07/2005 10:29:56
Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com> writes:
> On Fri, 04 Nov 2005, Sam Leffler wrote:
>> >We have drivers for "ath at pci" and "ath at cardbus", but no "ath at
>> >usb".  Is this likely to work in the near future?
>>
>> no.
>
> Thanks.  I suppose I'll have to wait for a working ndisulator,
> and use the Wintel NDIS drivers.

FYI, it is easily possible to "listen in" on the transactions between
a USB device and Windows using interposing drivers and data capture
tools you can download on the net.

You can therefore run such a device under windows and get ALL the
control information that goes back and forth to the device, which
makes reverse engineering and doing a driver much much easier.

Perry