Subject: Re: USB problems with USB mouses
To: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@fnop.net>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 10/30/2005 13:10:39
I've been reporting problems with usb on ICH6 and ICH7 for about 6 months,
I wouldn't hold your breath. I've had better luck with GENERIC.MPACPI with
the PCI FIXUP options enabled than with GENERIC. With the latest BIOS on
the machine, it happily doesn't detect a single attached device, but
probes all the controllers. I suspect that interrupt routing is not
working somewhere. The only controllers that seem to get interrupts are
usb controllers that share interrupts with another onboard device.

Sometimes removing EHCI gets you at least one working uhci controller, but
sometimes nothing works at all because EHCI won't do the handoff and you
can't do anything other than hit the power switch. I tried adding OHCI
cards and had the same problem. Something is definitely not right, but I
have no idea what it is.

--
The nice thing about Windows is - It does not just crash, it displays a
dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.