Subject: USB problems with USB mouses
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@fnop.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/30/2005 15:23:59
--MW5yreqqjyrRcusr

Hi
When I boot NetBSD with an USB mouse plugged in I can't re-plug it
again or re-plug in another mouse.

The steps are:
1) boot with an USB mouse plugged in. It will be detected as:
uhidev0 at uhub1 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0
uhidev0: Logitech Optical USB Mouse, rev 2.00/3.40, addr 2, iclass 3/1
ums0 at uhidev0: 3 buttons and Z dir.
wsmouse1 at ums0 mux 0

2) detach the mouse:
uhidev0: at uhub1 port 2 (addr 2) disconnected
wsmouse1 detached
ums0 detached
uhidev0 detached

Re-attaching any mouse in the same port or another port doesn't do
anything. No kernel messages are printed and the mouse doesn't recieve
any power (at least the led in the back of the mouse doesn't come up).

---

Another problem is when I boot with no mouse attached but then I play
the attach-deattach dance (now with 2 mouses):

ehci0: handing over low speed device on port 4 to uhci1
uhub4: port 4, device disappeared after reset
uhidev0 at uhub1 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0
uhidev0: Creative Labs Notebook Optical Mouse, rev 1.10/0.00, addr 2, iclass 3/1
[...]
ehci0: handing over low speed device on port 6 to uhci2
uhub4: port 6, device disappeared after reset
uhub2: device problem, disabling port 2
ehci0: handing over low speed device on port 6 to uhci2
uhub4: port 6, device disappeared after reset
ehci0: handing over low speed device on port 4 to uhci1
uhub4: port 4, device disappeared after reset
uhidev0 at uhub1 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0
uhidev0: Logitech Optical USB Mouse, rev 2.00/3.40, addr 2, iclass 3/1
ums0 at uhidev0: 3 buttons and Z dir.
wsmouse1 at ums0 mux 0
uhub2: device problem, disabling port 2
uhidev0: at uhub1 port 2 (addr 2) disconnected
wsmouse1 detached
ums0 detached
uhidev0 detached
ehci0: handing over low speed device on port 8 to uhci3
uhub4: port 8, device disappeared after reset
uhidev0 at uhub3 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0
uhidev0: Logitech Optical USB Mouse, rev 2.00/3.40, addr 2, iclass 3/1
ums0 at uhidev0: 3 buttons and Z dir.
wsmouse1 at ums0 mux 0
uhidev0: at uhub3 port 2 (addr 2) disconnected
wsmouse1 detached
ums0 detached
uhidev0 detached
ehci0: handing over low speed device on port 6 to uhci2
uhub4: port 6, device disappeared after reset
uhub2: device problem, disabling port 2
ehci0: handing over low speed device on port 4 to uhci1
uhub4: port 4, device disappeared after reset
uhidev0 at uhub1 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0
uhidev0: Logitech Optical USB Mouse, rev 2.00/3.40, addr 2, iclass 3/1
ums0 at uhidev0: 3 buttons and Z dir.
wsmouse1 at ums0 mux 0

Why is port 2 disabled ?

Any ideas?