Subject: Re: preliminary port of some ath tools
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/24/2005 21:57:12
80211watch seems to work fine on my laptop with -current from about
two days ago; the driver in use is ral. It generally works solid when
no WPA is enabled (could never get WEP working using ifconfig, should
have tried wpa_supplicant). With WPA it tends to become offline ever
so often and fail to negotiate the keys again (not always, but often
enough; I couldn't figure out much from the wpa_supplicant -ddd log).
Today I ran it for about eight hours with WPA while 80211watch was
running, hoping to get some useful info as to why this happens, but it
never failed...