Subject: Re: ural device timeout on -current
To: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
From: Kouichirou Hiratsuka <hira@po6.nsk.ne.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 10/20/2005 15:25:08
Hello,

At Wed, 19 Oct 2005 18:52:37 -0500,
David Young wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 01:37:25AM +0900, Kouichirou Hiratsuka wrote:
> >
> > At Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:15:56 +0900,
> > FUKAUMI Naoki wrote:
> > >
> > > I'll buy WLI-U2-KG54-AI soon and check it on my machine.
> > >
> > I bought this today.  It has a flash drive in order to install a
> > Windows device driver.  The flash drive can be disabled by the
> > switch on it.  If the flash drive is off, its device ID is changed
> > to 0x0067.  In this state, I can use it with the following patch.
>
> That's pretty neat.  Can you tell us more about it?  Does the flash drive
> attach as a umass?  I ask because I am interested in putting NetBSD on
> such a wireless keychain adapter.

I tested it today.  I tried to connect it without registering the
device ID.  Then the following messages appeared.

uhidev3 at uhub3 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0
uhidev3: BUFFALO WLI-U2-KG54-AI, rev 2.00/1.14, addr 2, iclass 3/1
ukbd1 at uhidev3
wskbd2 at ukbd1 mux 1
wskbd2: connecting to wsdisplay0
uhidev3: at uhub3 port 2 (addr 2) disconnected
wskbd2: disconnecting from wsdisplay0
wskbd2 detached
ukbd1 detached
uhidev3 detached
umass1 at uhub4 port 4 configuration 1 interface 0
umass1: BUFFALO WLI-U2-KG54-AI, rev 2.00/1.14, addr 4
umass1: using SCSI over Bulk-Only
scsibus1 at umass1: 2 targets, 1 lun per target
cd1 at scsibus1 target 0 lun 0: <BUFFALO, WLI-U2-KG54-CD, 1.00> cdrom removable

First, it was recognized as keyboard (I don't know why).  After 5
seconds, it was automatically disconnected and umass appeared.
However it's a CD-ROM in order to install the driver automatically.
I can use it.

# mount /dev/cd1a /mnt
# df /mnt
Filesystem  1K-blocks      Used     Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/cd1a        3960      3960         0   100%    /mnt
# ls /mnt
20041008.txt AIRCD.ICO    AUTORUN.INF  LZEXT.DAT    lzext.exe
#

It seems to be a special device.  I don't know whether it's really
a flash disk.  However, I think it's a flash disk because the driver
will need to be updated.  And I don't know whether the device can
use as a boot disk.

best regards.
--
 Kouichirou Hiratsuka