Subject: Re: ath seems still buggy
To: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
From: Vincent <10.50@free.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 10/20/2005 07:53:55
David Young a écrit :

>>In fact, when I increase the variable in ath.c that controls calibration
>>rate from 30 to 300, I get a much better behaviour, with much less
>>drops. It may be a track interesting to follow?
> Incidentally, me and some of my clients see a periodic "ath0: hardware
> error, resetting" on a bunch of Soekris net4526s running in ad hoc mode.
> Coincidentally (?), but the period is about 62 seconds, i.e., two
> re-calibration intervals.
> Sometimes we see a continuous stream of "ath0: hardware error" until
> the watchdog timer expires.

I was more or less suspecting something like this (must be a sequel of
my past as hardware engineer! :)). With the calibration cycle increased
to 5 mn (i.e. 300 s), I was able to ping my AP all night through without
interruption. I'm still using it right now, nothing goes wrong. I might
even say it works fine.

Vincent