Subject: Re: NetBSD on AMD 64 bit / What version and howto ?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/18/2005 19:47:31
On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 10:30:29PM +0200, Christian Goetz wrote:
>Here I got the following error while booting my AMD64 laptop:
>
>   kbc    cmd word write error
>
>... and keyboard does'nt respond at install menu :-{

Humm, I've had no problem with an AMD64 desktop.
Have you tried an external keyboard or adjusting bios settings?
I'm sure there is a way to make a kbd work. What model laptop?
Have you tried other BSDs or knoppix? is it a ps2 kbd or ???
Maybe need a custom kernel to use kbd, does the laptop support
PXE boot to install that way?

// George

http://galis.org/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george@galis.org