Subject: Hifn crypto driver: does it work for anyone?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org, tech-security@netbsd.org,>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/16/2005 15:35:08
I've been working on the Hifn crypto driver recently and have noticed
something startling: in a kernel with pseudo-device crypto and options
FAST_IPSEC, after the system has been running for a short while, all
crypto requests fail.

This causes ssh to not work (since openssl uses /dev/crypto if present)
and it causes IPsec to not work, since encryption of every packet fails.

So, it seems like the RNG now works, but nothing else does.  Has anyone
else had better luck with this driver?  I'm using two different 7955
cards.

"The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to be
 abandoned or transcended, there is no problem."		- Noam Chomsky