Subject: Re: ehci and bge randomly not working
To: NetBSD current-users <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 10/10/2005 19:25:53
Well here's what I can see on my screen since networking isn't coming
up most of the time and I can't type anything without USB:

uhub_explore:usb_new_device failed, error=SET_ADDR_FAILED
uhub1: device problem, disabling port 1
wd1 at atabus1 drive 0: <Maxtor 6Y160M0>
wd1 blah
usb_new_device: set address 2 failed
uhub_explore: usb_new_device failed, error=SET_ADDR_FAILED
uhub0: device problem, disabling port 1
ehci_sync_hc: tsleep() = 35
usb_new_device: set address 2 failed
ehci_sync_hc: tsleep() = 35
uhub_explore: usb_new_device failed, error=SET_ADDR_FAILED
uhub4: device problem, disabling port 4
Searching for RAID components...

I can hook up a serial console and try to debug over that, but I'm
not sure how much I'm going to be able to do while the kernel is
booting. Would modloading the usb system after boot be a better
alternative?

I know people want to play the bad hardware card but I ran the Dell
Diagnostics, MPmemtest, Memtest86+, and dual boot this with windows
and it works flawlessly in windows.