Subject: swapctl: Function not implemented
To: NetBSD-current Users <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Staffan Thomen <duck@multi.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 10/03/2005 06:50:34
--------------enigC8618647749D12E3E0995E3F

Hi list,

after updating the kernel to current from some 2.99.x on my alpha, it no
longer seems to have swap support in the kernel. Swapctl invariably
replies ENOSYS (function not implemented) and something in rc receives a
  /dev/drum: device not configured.

I looked in UPDATING and the alpha GENERIC kernel file, but nothing
stands out.
Other things I tried (I have yet to take the machine down into
single-user mode and roll out a new userland) was to update the swapctl
binary, libc and MAKEDEV but alas no banana.

I am thus wondering if someone could prod me in the direction to what is
going on here.

--
Staffan Thomen 1024D/7C7E2EF8