Subject: Re: Vinum build problems?
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
From: Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/27/2005 10:22:39
--8G1nIWD3RY794FAy

On Monday, 26 September 2005 at 19:46:05 -0500, Richard Rauch wrote:
> For a couple of days, I've been unable to build a new kernel, as
> there are errors in the vinum code.  (At a glance, they are warnings
> that get escalated to errors by -Werror, but I didn't examine them
> all.)

Sorry, yes, a known problem that I've been meaning to look at for
months.

> I have updated the entire .../src tree.
>
> I have removed all compiled code and tools, and rebuilt tools.
>
> Is this a known issue?  Or should I just disable vinum in the kernel
> config?  (I don't really need it; at one point I wanted to play with
> it but not right now.)

For the moment I'd suggest you disable it.

> I can provide a lot more info and/or file a PR if appropriate, but I
> figure that it's more likely that someone already knows and/or I'm
> doing something dumb.  (^&

I have one lot of sample output, and I suspect I can reproduce it
easily, but it wouldn't do any harm to send me your build output,
assuming it's not too painful.

Greg

--8G1nIWD3RY794FAy

--8G1nIWD3RY794FAy--