Subject: Re: gzip and amanda conflict?
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: matthew sporleder <msporleder@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/18/2005 23:03:59
I don't think this is new behavior.  I've known about it for at least
two-three years, anyway.  There are some patches for gzip that make it
4GB+ compliant.  I've moved to using 'compress' in many of my scripts
for this reason, but I haven't tested large files with compress on
NetBSD.

Check here for gzip patch:
http://www.gzip.org/#faq10
(maybe we should add this to the base system?)

And let me know if you have some big files to try 'compress'ing.

_Matt