Subject: Re: mysterious reboot
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Onno Ebbinge <onno.ebbinge@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/12/2005 16:28:41
> >High chance that it's a latency problem. Play with the latency settings =
and
> >your problem will likely disappear. A lot of memtest tools don't trigger
> >latency problems but only bit errors. Of course latency problems are har=
der to
> >detect and occur more often these days.
>
> I doubt it's latency, since it happened in the same spot on several
> passes.  Nor can I try it -- this is a laptop, and doesn't have such
> settings.

This is what I saw, it happens on the same spot(s) because 1 of the 8 =20
chips on the memory module had the latency problem. Increasing the
latency solved my problem. Laptops,however, often have limited BIOS
settings :-(    But you are right, they look like errors instead of latancy=
=20
problems.

Regards,
Onno