Subject: Re: iostat warnings in security report
To: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@NetBSD.org>
From: Alex Plotnick <shrike@netaxs.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/08/2005 19:21:40
Circa Thu, 08 Sep 2005 19:20:02 BST, Rui Paulo thus spake:

> | iostat: No tape drives attached.
> The true fix should be change iostat and vmstat, not the security
> script, I believe.

If you like, but I would argue that it's not iostat's problem.  iostat is
reporting a valid warning to stderr; there *isn't* a tape drive attached.
The fact that this information is not useful in the security script should
be reflected by the call, i.e., `iostat -x 2>/dev/null'.

This is a minor issue, but annoying because an otherwise-empty (and
therefore possibly supressed) security report shows a useless and non-
security related warning.

I've filed a PR about this: security/31224.

	-- Alex