Subject: Re: USB Scanner suggestions?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: J Chapman Flack <flack@cs.purdue.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/07/2005 09:46:52
Dieter wrote:
> I have an Epson Perfection 2400 Photo.  Sane and NetBSD 1.6.2 both
> needed some minor mods to get things working, nothing major.
> PR 26117 has the minor fix for NetBSD.  Still open after more
> than a year.  Has anyone even looked at this PR?

That is exactly the scanner I have, and it worked for me with no mods at
all (NetBSD 2.0, xsane 0.96):

  Scanner and backend:
    Vendor:         Epson
    Model:          GT-9300
    Type:           flatbed scanner
    Device:         /dev/uscanner0
    Loaded backend: epson
    Sane version:   1.0.15

I had to ask someone if a 2400 Photo and a GT-9300 were really the same, but
I was told yes, apparently GT-9300 was a model number under which it was
sold in (Japan?), and is actually the identification a 2400 Photo gives when
queried.

The only thing I have been curious about is the resolution selector in
xsane: it offers only single numbers from 50 to 3200; the brochure for
this scanner gives a maximum resolution different for x and y, 2400x4800.
Would this be different if the ioctl were present?

-Chap