Subject: Re: Problems with ath(4)
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/22/2005 18:20:10
In message <87acj97kb8.fsf@snark.piermont.com>, "Perry E. Metzger" writes=
:

>Vincent <10.50@free.fr> writes:
>> Perry E. Metzger a =E9crit :
>>  > I've found that under -current, continuously pinging the base stati=
on
>>  > stops the disconnections. That doesn't explain what the problem is,=

>>  > though.
>>
>> True. The disconnections happen after a while when the link is
>> idle. Never while I 'cvs update', though ;)
>
>They only happen to you on WEP links you say? Any other info you have
>on the nature of the problem?

I missed the beginning of this thread, but I've had problems with my =

default route -- on ath0 and wi0, and going back a couple of years -- =

going away for no apparent reason.  It doesn't matter whether WEP is on =

or off.  I've posted about this a few times, in fact.  The problem is =

related to carrier dropping -- at least, I see the carrier drops since =

I run ifwatchd.