Subject: Re: curses screen
To: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 08/22/2005 00:17:05
On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 10:38:47AM +0200, Alan Barrett wrote:

> If I somehow get my hands on one of those ancient terminals, I'd like it
> to work with NetBSD.  So please do not remove the code that's required
> to handle them.  Instead, I think it would be better to use capabilities
> to describe terminals that need the old workarounds.

Don't worry, for the moment if you manage to find a Superbee somewhere
it won't glitch on you (this was the only example I could find with a
quick look - pretty sure there are others).  At worst we could #ifdef
the code out but I am not in a rush to do this, plenty of other things
that need attention.

BTW: good luck trying to get the terminal working right in any other
free OS, I know that ncurses doesn't do such historical support :)

--
Brett Lymn