Subject: Re: curses screen
To: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.org.uk>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 08/20/2005 13:26:25
On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 03:17:32PM +0100, Julian Coleman wrote:
> > is it possible that NetBSD curses isn't drawing in the lower-right corner,
> > to avoid scrolling (done by shifting a character into the corner)
> >
> > Please see this Screenshot http://images.aydogan.net/dialog_screen.gif
>
> Yes.  This is historical behaviour of our curses library.  It's probably
> sensible to remove this now.  Any terminals that can't handle it could
> have a capability added to their termcap entry.

The traditional solution was to draw the character in col 79, move left,
then do an 'insert char' action and rewrite the actual character required
in col 79.

However most terminals designed since the VT100 (except some crappy ones)
move the cursor to col 81 (avoiding the line wrap).
Apart from some dodgy emulators, I suspect few of them still work!

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk