Subject: dual-core amd64 seems to work ok with todays -current
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Harry Waddell <waddell@caravan.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/16/2005 17:51:44
I previously sent mail about problems I was having with
a dual core amd64 system using an ASUS A8V deluxe motherboard.
About 3 weeks ago, it wouldn't work, but with todays -current
it seems to be humming along nicely.

It doesn't boot the GENERIC.MP kernel, but works fine with a kernel
config like this one with ACPI.

include "arch/amd64/conf/GENERIC.MP"

options         DIAGNOSTIC      # STRONGLY RECOMMENDED
options         LOCKDEBUG
options         MPDEBUG
options         MPVERBOSE
#options        DEBUG

options         MPACPI          # configure CPUs and APICs using ACPI
acpi0           at mainbus?
# ACPI devices
acpiacad*       at acpi?                # ACPI AC Adapter
acpibat*        at acpi?                # ACPI Battery

After my previous mail about problems, I wanted to send this message so that
the archives would contain this updated info.

Harry Waddell
Caravan Electronic Publishing