Subject: X broken in pmax -current / Testing -current on MAXine, 3MIN, 3MAX.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, port-pmax@netbsd.org,>
From: Jean-Pierre HOFER <jph@stephenson.net.dhis.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/13/2005 19:04:22
Hi,

I am trying to run the pmax port of -current (WSCONS kernel) on MAXine.

The X display don't start properly :
I get a root window with nothing inside except the mouse pointer in the
middle.
There is no xdm login box.
The system seems to perform some cyclic retry of the X display, endless.
At boot time, the following error messages are shown :
	wsconscfg: WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: Cannot allocate memory
	wsconscfg: WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: Cannot allocate memory
	wsconscfg: WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: Cannot allocate memory
	wsconscfg: WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: Cannot allocate memory

Is there some workaround ?

I can to test the -current pmax port on MAXine, 3MIN and 3MAX.
How can I help ?

Thanks,

Jean-Pierre