Subject: Re: [heads up] tape statistics now available
To: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
From: Teemu Rinta-aho <teemu@rinta-aho.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/07/2005 19:11:35
Brett Lymn wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I have just committed a bunch of changes that allow people to monitor
> the read/write performance of the st* devices (tape drives).  We were
> sadly deficient in this area before but now iostat, vmstat and systat
> will all report statistics for any tape drives attached to the
> system.
>
> I am assuming that ATAPI tape drives will be covered by this change
> (if anyone uses such devices these days) judging by the st.c code.  I
> have tested these changes with a scsi tape drive and that appeared to
> work fine.  For people with wt(4) drives I _think_ you are SOL
> (really, does anyone use these?) unless you volunteer to be a remote
> kernel guinea pig so I can test the modifications.

Hi,

I just ran cvs update (anoncvs.netbsd.org), rm -rf /usr/obj,
build.sh -x distribution, and this is what I get:

checkflist ===> distrib/sets
cd /usr/src/distrib/sets &&  DESTDIR=/usr/obj/usr/src/destdir.i386
MACHINE=i386 MACHINE_ARCH=i386  CKSUM=/usr/obj/tools/bin/nbcksum
MAKE=/usr/obj/tools/bin/nbmake MTREE=/usr/obj/tools/bin/nbmtree
MKTEMP=/usr/obj/tools/bin/nbmktemp PAX=/usr/obj/tools/bin/nbpax
HOST_SH=sh  sh ./checkflist  -b

Files in DESTDIR but missing from flist.
File is obsolete or flist is out of date ?
./usr/include/sys/tape.h
=========  end of 1 extra files  ===========

--
teemu@rinta-aho.org -+- http://www.rinta-aho.org