Subject: Re: pf status
To: Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@macfinity.net>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 07/29/2005 03:47:33
On Dec 19,  6:50am, Timo Schoeler wrote:
} On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 03:01:14 -0700 jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca (John Nemeth) wrote:
} > On Dec 18,  6:53am, Marcin Jessa wrote:
} > }
} > } I was also wondering if anyone is working on kernel implementation of CARP.
} >
} >      Personally, I think we should do something like VRRP, which is
} > standards compliant, instead of using NIH stuff that will have limited
} > compatibility.
}
} CARP was written because VRRP contains Cisco patents... how would NetBSD deal with this?

     Cisco has stated that if you implement VRRP exactly as stated in
the RFC, they will allow you to use the patent.  Thus, it isn't a
problem.

}-- End of excerpt from Timo Schoeler