Subject: Re: pf status
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Marcin Jessa <lists@yazzy.org>
List: current-users
Date: 07/28/2005 12:17:39
On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 10:15:44 +0200
Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 01:13:16AM +0200, Marcin Jessa wrote:
>
> > I really like to know that too and if there is any work done on ALTQ
> > integration with pf.
>
> Nothing realy happened for a far too long time - but stay tuned, I plan
> to collect all the loose ends ASAP and push this issue further.

Great!
May your gods bless you with beautifull women, milk and honey :)

Seriously, I can remember Peter Postma <peter@pointless.nl> mentioned something about him workink on pf & ALTQ last time I asked about it.

I was also wondering if anyone is working on kernel implementation of CARP.
And if you guys think adding a possibility to rename network device names with ifconfig just like on FreeBSD is something to be considered on NetBSD.

Example, lets rename iwi0 to wlan0:

# ifconfig -l
iwi0 lan0 pfsync0 pflog0 lo0 gif0 disc0

# ifconfig iwi0 name wlan0
# ifconfig -l
wlan0 lan0 pfsync0 pflog0 lo0 gif0 disc0

I love that feature for many reasons.

Cheers,
Marcin Jessa.