Subject: Re: panic in new ieee1394 code
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael van Elst <mlelstv@serpens.de>
List: current-users
Date: 07/21/2005 05:54:38
M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de (Matthias Drochner) writes:

>Not a panic report... for me the new firewire code works
>pretty well -- stable and fast. (with an external disk so far)

>Only that the disk device does not detach when I disconnect it.
>Is this intended?

There seems to be some confusion in the driver.

attach disk 1 -> sd0 appears
detach disk 1 -> no reaction
attach disk 1 -> sd0 is still there and can be used (!)
detach disk 1 -> no reaction
attach disk 2 -> sd1 appears and can be used
detach disk 2 -> sd0 detaches and the kernel panics with a 0xdeadbeef dereference

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv@serpens.de