Subject: Re: Processes taking minutes to exit
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@falu.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 07/18/2005 13:53:59
On Sun 17 Jul 2005 at 23:40:15 +0200, Rhialto wrote:
> In this case pan actually crashed because it ran out of memory. I'm
> not sure if that is relevant.

I can now say that it's not relevant, i.e. it is not connected to
coredumping or something like that. Exiting Pan in the normal way, after
it had grown to some 950 megabyte, has the same effect. Note that the
process size claims to be 0 (SIZE) while lots of "stuff" is apparently
still resident (RSS), which seems like a rather odd condition.

-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.