Subject: Re: Creating LiveCD from images bigger than normal floppies
To: None <hubertf@gmx.de>
From: Marcin Jessa <lists@yazzy.org>
List: current-users
Date: 07/17/2005 22:17:53
Hi Hubert.

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:18:30 +0200 (CEST)
Hubert Feyrer <hubertf@gmx.de> wrote:

> In article <20050710223414.347689dc.lists@yazzy.org> you wrote:
> > I put a simple howto describing both of them for i386 on:
> > http://www.yazzy.org/docs/NetBSD/netbsd-livecd.txt
>
> Cool!
> With my yesterday's commit, this could even go to 1-2GB of data using a
> compressed image on the CD (which would be mounted after booting NetBSD!).
> I hope to get to importing the userland tool to do the compression soon...

What do you mean? All you need to do is to use makefs to create a file system and put it into your kernel.
Then you can compress the kernel with gzip.
Or put a custom image on the CD which you decompress after /sbin/init and mount in memory.

> FWIW I've linked your doc at
> http://www.feyrer.de/NetBSD/blog.html#20050717_1616.

You forgot to put my name before .."has put" :)