Subject: Re: ../../../../net/files.pf:16: syntax error
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@astron.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: current-users
Date: 07/15/2005 09:17:38
On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 06:39:43AM +0300, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> Call me old-fashioned, but I will keep 'cd /usr/src && make install' working
> as long as I can.

Seconded, for closely related userland and /usr/src - but this issue was
2.0.x userland and config(8) being too old for the new kernel source. An
in-depth explanation would have enabled the user to manualy update everything
in the right order, but instead the shortcut "use build.sh" was given. IMHO
that was a reasonable reaction (and generally a good advice "if in doubt").

Martin