Subject: Re: was I asleep when keyboard repeat went away in xterm?
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 06/22/2005 18:19:05
On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 02:51:13PM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> I just installed a USB keyboard and experienced the same problem.  I
> found that the default keyboard rate setting -- 660 -- seems to disable
> repeat.  650 and 670 work.

I would never have guessed! Sure enough 650 and 670 work, 660 doesn't.

> No, I don't know why.  If it matters, I'm running -current with xorg.

.. and I have the same problem with xsrc (compiled with make World, so
doesn't pick up XKB_ALWAYS_USES_SOFT_REPEAT as compiling on i386, and
not using x11/Xserver/xkb/Makefile)

Keyboard Control:
  auto repeat:  on    key click percent:  0    LED mask:  00000000
  auto repeat delay:  660    repeat rate:  25
  auto repeating keys:  00ffffffdffffbbf
                        fadfffdfffdfe5ef
                        ffffffffffffffff
                        ffffffffffffffff

options     WSKBD_EVENT_AUTOREPEAT      # auto repeat in event mode
options     UKBD_REPEAT
    Identifier  "Keyboard1"
    Driver  "kbd"  (or "Keyboard" same problem)
    Option "AutoRepeat" "500 30"

Thanks,

Patrick