Subject: Re: The NetBSD Homepage
To: Jaka Jejcic <jj@gnorw.net>
From: Stefan Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de>
List: current-users
Date: 06/20/2005 18:02:39
--bp/iNruPH9dso1Pn

Also sprach Jaka Jejcic (jj@gnorw.net)
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 09:22:00AM +0200, Amadeus Stevenson wrote:
> > On 6/20/05, Stefan Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de> wrote:

> > >=20
> > > http://141.44.86.77/~stefan/ofont.htm
> > > http://141.44.86.77/~stefan/orange.htm
> > > http://141.44.86.77/~stefan/g-o.htm
> >=20
> > I can only read the first one properly on an lcd here.
>=20
> I agree. Only the first one is readable. But strictly aesteticly speaking
> it would be better not to just copy orange from the logo but use some
> other, perhaps complementary colors. Hence the logo would stand out and
> the text would be readable. That is exactly why i think the current scheme
> is good enough as far as current design is concerned. And the design is
> the one that should be changed if we want changes. But let's not forget
> the purpose of NetBSD.org which is to provide information (in the broadest
> meaning posible) for NetBSD users. Using some sophisticated design would
> only slow down the page, make it unusable in non-graphic environments
> and transfer focus from function to form.
> In short - the current page serves the pupose just fine, if we want somet=
hing
> else, we should not sacrifice any of the good points mentioned above.

Same here on my office TFT. I manage several websites here at my
university and playing with colors, esp. backgroundcolors, has always
been a pain. Usually a CRT is brighter than a TFT and offers more
contrast, so the site looks different on any Monitor/Browser/OS.

If possible, I avoid using colors on the whole site.=20

IMO the site shoudn't be touched. It works perfectly from my Hp
Jornada and my VAXstation with lynx on a VT100 :-)

--=20
PGP FPR: CF74 D5F2 4871 3E5C FFFE 0130 11F4 C41E B3FB AE33
--=20
Dort wo man B=FCcher verbrennt, verbrennt man am Ende auch Menschen.

Heinrich Heine

--bp/iNruPH9dso1Pn

--bp/iNruPH9dso1Pn--