Subject: anyone running NetBSD on a fujitsu lifebook S7011?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 06/19/2005 21:35:20
Folks,

I am looking at buying a fujitsu lifebook S7011 notebook.  I was
wondering if anyone had tried NetBSD on one of these and had any
horror stories to share.  I was wondering about overall performance
and, especially, if there were any problems with the video device in
it (since it is one of those funny "shared memory" ones) - does
mplayer (or whatever video viewer) run ok?

I am pretty sure that I want the S7011 and will get one if it is not a
hopeless case for running NetBSD - I have run NetBSD on quite a few
laptops in the past (scrounged from work) but the fujitsu is the first
to make me desire my own.

--
Brett Lymn