Subject: wd.c patch (was Re: NetBSD 3.0_BETA & RAIDframe problems)
To: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.org>
From: Teemu Rinta-aho <teemu@rinta-aho.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/16/2005 07:45:33

--0-214640478-1118897051=:8357

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, David Brownlee wrote:

>>> wd0a: error reading fsbn 268435392 of 268435392-268435519 (wd0 bn
>>> 268435455;
>>> cn
>>> 266305 tn 0 sn 15), retrying
>>> wd0: (id not found)
>
> 	Its a seagate disk isn't it? Some seagate disks can only access
> 	the last 'pre LBA48' sector via LBA48. There is a quirk table
> 	in NetBSD, but really NetBSD should try LBA48 on that sector
> 	if non LBA48 fails.

Thanks for guiding me to the source of the problem!

I patched wd.c with the attached patch and now it seems to
work ok... I suggest putting this change into the NetBSD CVS.

BR,
Teemu
--0-214640478-1118897051=:8357

LS0tIHdkLmMub3JpZwkyMDA1LTA2LTE2IDAxOjA3OjI5LjAwMDAwMDAwMCAr
MDMwMA0KKysrIHdkLmMJMjAwNS0wNi0xNiAwMToxMToyMi4wMDAwMDAwMDAg
KzAzMDANCkBAIC0yMzcsNiArMjM3LDggQEANCiAJICovDQogCXsgIlNUMzIw
MDgyMkEiLA0KIAkgIFdEX1FVSVJLX0ZPUkNFX0xCQTQ4IH0sDQorCXsgIlNU
MzIwMDgyMkFTIiwNCisJICBXRF9RVUlSS19GT1JDRV9MQkE0OCB9LA0KIAl7
ICJTVDMyNTA4MjNBUyIsDQogCSAgV0RfUVVJUktfRk9SQ0VfTEJBNDggfSwN
CiANCg==

--0-214640478-1118897051=:8357--