Subject: Re: NetBSD 3.0_BETA & RAIDframe problems
To: Teemu Rinta-aho <teemu@rinta-aho.org>
From: Simas Mockevicius <symka@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/15/2005 14:57:58
--zYM0uCDKw75PZbzx

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 02:28:19PM +0300, Teemu Rinta-aho wrote:
> I bought two 200GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA discs
> and connected them to the P4. I followed the instructions
> in the NetBSD guide to install NetBSD 3.0_BETA into
> the first disk, and then start configuring RAID-1 on
> the second disk, transfer installed root file system
> onto that, and boot from the second disk and let RAIDframe
> copy stripes on the first one.

Hi,

maybe it won't help you, but when I do something with raidframe,
when I boot from bootable cd to install, first of all I make
raid ant then doing install into allready created raid.

Installing and then moving all installed data to and from one disk=20
to other a little bit stupid thing IMHO ;)

Simas.

--zYM0uCDKw75PZbzx

--zYM0uCDKw75PZbzx--