Subject: Re: How to help NetBSD help you.
To: Seth Kurtzberg <seth@cql.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: current-users
Date: 06/14/2005 12:20:50
On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, Seth Kurtzberg wrote:
> It would be easier for me to justify investing a bit of money here, if I were
> better able to make it known that I am a resource in the NetBSD world.  I
> build firewalls based on NetBSD with some (I think) inovative software.
>
> I've tried several times to have myself added to the list of available
> engineers on the NetBSD site, but I never receive an answer.  The same is
> true about inquiries I make about adding my products to the list of systems
> that one can find on the NetBSD site.
>
> I'm not saying that I'm receiving an answer I don't like, I'm saying that I
> receive no answer at all.
>
> While the amounts of money are, in the general scheme of things, small, they
> are, to a tiny business like mine, not insignificant.  So perhaps more money
> could be funneled towards the NetBSD project if it were easier to show that
> NetBSD appreciates those who promote the O/S and use it in products.

It is usually as easy as writing a mail to www@ and discussing what's
desired. We have a team answering those questions for that. Unfortunately,
every now and then something slips through the cracks, and it seems you're
the victim of that.

Checking the www@ mail archives, I can only see one mail from you from
September 2001 (which never got answered, sorry for that!). Can you please
drop another mail to www@NetBSD.org with the details on your firewalls
please, and we'll make sure to have this added to the 'products' page?

FWIW, organisations that wish so can get listed on our website at
http://www.netbsd.org/contrib/org/.

  - Hubert