Subject: Re: linux emul for PAM libraries? (RSA/ACE)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@tac.gw.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/03/2005 17:32:34
In article <20050603030328.GC5840@eatyourpets.com>,
Charlie Allom  <charlie@rubberduck.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am trying to get my NetBSD machine to use the RSA/ACE PAM modules like
>the linux machines will do here soon..
>
>I can run the Linux ace{test,status} binaries but the -current PAM seems
>to just crash on adding the linux modules to "auth required pam_securid.so"
>
>can anyone explain to me why this won't work and if it ever can or will?

This will not work because the linux shared libraries are compiled and
linked against different header and libraries. For that to work, Linux
and NetBSD should have exactly the same structure layouts and function
signatures for all the function calls that the library depends on. I
did not mention system calls and system call numbers because usually
libraries call the system call functions in libc.

christos