Subject: Re: USB mouse goes dark
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: MLH <mlh@goathill.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/02/2005 11:25:52

> Could you compile a kernel with USB_DEBUG?
> Next time the mouse dies, break into DDB and
> set usbdebug=5, umsdebug=5 and see if it says
> anything when you wiggle the mouse, or unplug it.
>
> 	-- Lennart

Interesting results. Note that I am using all Logitech mice, both
ps2 and USB. The USB mice I use with and without the usb->ps2
adaptor. I have not been able to regain the mouse cursor by toggling
console screens lately. Results:

1) with setting usbdebug=5, umsdebug=5, I have never had a mouse
lockup.

2) The problem occurs with a USB mouse using the ps2 adaptor and
with a ps2 mouse.

3) I recently update two NetBSD 2 computers (from last fall), which
have never had this problem, to NetBSD 2.0_STABLE using the same
type of Logitech USB mice and they both started to exhibit the
problem.

4) One of the machines with a ps2 mouse just had the cursor lockup.
Out of curiosity, I plugged in a separate USB mouse with the ps2
mouse was still plugged in and the mouse cursor woke up. Both mice
worked properly at the same time.