Subject: Re: Help with ALTQ and pf
To: Amadeus Stevenson <amadeus.stevenson@gmail.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/20/2005 22:28:50
On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 08:49:30AM +0100, Amadeus Stevenson wrote:
> I'm using ALTQ with ipf without any problems - default netbsd-2
> install with kernel options ALTQ and ALTQ_PRIQ. altqd=YES in rc.conf
> with:

According to Miles Nordin in
<http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-net/2005/03/15/0009.html>, the ALTQ
that works with ipf is stable, but old and unmaintained. I wanted to
try out the pf version, since pf is now integrated into -current.
However, I didn't actually try it with -current because I wasn't clear
on whether any of the patches on Peter Postma's site still needed to
be applied to -current, and didn't have time to figure it out :)

In any case, I suppose I'll give traditional ALTQ a try, but of
course, if pf/ALTQ has problems, they need to be fixed. At this point,
I have no idea whether what I was seeing was due to user error or a
bug, but it does seem very unusual that packets were going into queues
that were defined, but not referenced at all in pf.conf.
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 29 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++