Subject: login: first try only accepts 16 letter (or less) usernames
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/20/2005 01:47:10
Hi!

I just noted that, on 3.99.3/i386 from 2005.05.13, the login process
on the virtual terminal only accepts 16 characters -- after the
16th, it automatically starts asking for the password, no return
needed.

This does not work the second time, then I can enter as many letters
as I want (ok, I only tried 160, but that's way more than 16).

When I press CTRL-D so that the login process gets restarted, it
again only accepts 16 characters for the user name for the first
time.

Is this known behaviour? Should it be this way?
 Thomas