Subject: Re: CVS use within NetBSD project?
To: Malcolm Herbert <current-users@NetBSD.org, mjch@mjch.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubertf@gmx.de>
List: current-users
Date: 05/17/2005 19:29:34
In article <5e37f32ae7154cb52c6136b2c41ca003@mjch.net> you wrote:
> This seems to me something very similar to the NetBSD manner of doing
> things and I was wondering whether there were any notes about how the
> NetBSD core team uses CVS to manage releases, bugfixes and pullups and
> all that sort of thing ... so far I've not had much luck finding
> documentation on the web on CVS that gets beyond basic stuff like
> creating repositories, adding/removing files, commits, merging files
> and tagging.
>
> I've done some playing with CVS to see if I could figure it out myself
> and it seems that tagging is part of the solution, but I'm not sure how
> to get CVS to treat two code branches independantly - any revisions I
> make to one get merged into the other whenever I do an update to see
> whether it worked ... most frustrating ...

Please note that it's more the NetBSD release engineering (releng) group
than the core team who does all the work on NetBSD branches etc.

There is some documentation available, but I'm not sure if it's really
upto date at http://www.netbsd.org/developers/releng/.

 - Hubert

--
  ___ _ _  _   _        * Harddisk Image Cloning *
 / __| | || | | |           www.feyrer.de/g4u/