Subject: cross compile userland
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org, current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Justin Newcomer <liquidice5@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/11/2005 14:50:02
hey

I have a cobalt qube, which isnt the fastest processor in the world,
so I want to cross compile my userland (i already cross compiled my
kernel)

doing the cross compile is no big deal, i have it done already
but once I have all the new binaries, I cant figure out how to do the insta=
ll

./build.sh -u install=3D/
would only work if it was a local machine
and i dont really wanna / cant take my qube's hard drive out=20
( my cross compile environment is running in vmware )

there is no cd rom in the qube, and I didnt do the "regular" install
because there is a restore CD for it (installing is normally done via
netbooting and nfs)

any hints / instructions on how to install a cross compiled userland
into an existing system would be great, and might be good to include
in the cross compile documentation

-justin