Subject: Problem with the current boot-big.fs image
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: J. Piers Hearn <endareth@spamcop.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/05/2005 10:31:11
Hi, I'm having a problem with (I think) the boot-big.fs boot floppy
image in current(i386). I've built a release of current, created a cd
image of the releasedir using the boot-big.fs as the boot image, and I
then get the following problem when I try to use it. The cd image boots
fine, can progress through the install process as normal, up to the
point where it starts to unpack the set files. At this point is gives
the following error immediately:

tar: Attempt to write file '/netbsd' outside current working directory
'/targetroot' ignored

This happens even if I change the location of the sets to install via
ftp from my original releasedir.
This does _not_ happen if I boot from a netbsd 2.0.2 cd, then switch
discs and install from my netbsd-current disc.

I updated my sources immediately before building the release, and did
the build as: ./build.sh -O ../obj -T ../tools -u -U release
Is this happening to anyone else, or does anyone have any suggestions as
to what I might be doing wrong?
Thanks,
    Piers