Subject: Re: printf in /dev/MAKEDEV
To: Kirk Russell <kirk@ba23.org>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/02/2005 10:51:17
--OFj+1YLvsEfSXdCH

On Sun, May 01, 2005 at 05:07:31PM -0400, Kirk Russell wrote:
  | Hello,
  |=20
  | Last night, I did a checkout of the netbsd-3 tree and built a vax.iso to
  | install on simh/VAX.
  |=20
  | During the install, I got a "printf: not found" error during the MAKEDEV
  | step.  If /dev/MAKEDEV now requires printf, should printf be in the
  | install boot image?  Or am I missing something?  Thanks.

I've made a fix for this in -current in the files:
	etc/MAKEDEV.tmpl		1.43
	etc/etc.vax/MAKEDEV.conf	1.8

Could you test that fix in your netbsd-3 build and let me know
if it solves the problem?

(If you're having problems getting a patch, I can create one for you.)

Thanks,
Luke.

--OFj+1YLvsEfSXdCH

--OFj+1YLvsEfSXdCH--